Recently, we have been allocated a piece of land in Craig-Cefn-Parc, near Swansea which we intend to try and develop into a cycling facility.
We’re at a very early stage but we are hoping to be able to build a circuit that will enable club members, young and old, to train and race in a purpose built facility. We also hope to open this up to other sports/community clubs for them to use for their sessions.
Despite being Wales’ second biggest city, Swansea doesn’t currently have a dedicated cycling facility and anyone who wishes to train or practice their cycling in a safe, purpose built facility have to travel as far as Pembrey, Carmarthen, Maindy or Newport.
The development will cost in the region of £500,000. As you can imagine, this is going to take a lot of work to secure funding/grants etc but if we can pull it off, it will be a great asset to the community.
As a result, we are appealing for help to get this project off the ground. If you are able to help in anyway then please get in touch with us. These are just some of the ways you can help:
- Contribute to our Go Fund Me page
- Tell us if you know of any suitable grants or funding streams which we can tap into
- Get in touch if you’ve got experience of applying for grants or have any contacts who can help us apply for them.
- Let us know if you have any contacts or experience in the building industry and can help with advice or the actual building of the facility.
- Talk to us if you or someone you know are in a position to sponsor the facility
- Have any fundraising ideas
If you can help in anyway then get in touch with us via our social media pages:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/GowerRiders/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/gowerriders
Instagram – www.instagram.com/gowerriders